I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Random-ness blogging...

I was 'reprimanded' for neglecting my blog... for a whole week! Whatever is wrong with me. One would almost believe that I have a life, outside of blogging.... almost! Because those in the know, know I love to 'blog' our life. It will cut down on the huge amounts of journal- ling I am so far behind on! It is a sad state of affairs when I get daily reminders, reminding me to write in my on-line journal. My 'paper' journal is kind of being neglected, though not as bad... but this blog won't be neglected for fear of Garrett, and Susan getting after me! ;)

There is really nothing going on... well, yes, there is always something going on. But it seems trivial at times. Until I think of what the next few weeks will bring to our family! Then it just kind of overwhelms the senses and throws me into panic mode. And I hate panic mode!

But... let's see.... Oh yes, we have Kimi's wedding dress in our possession. Too bad Kimi has been gone all week with her family-to-be so she can't try it on so we can see the finished product. Personally, her sisters and I find it rude that she would leave at such a critical time. But, I have to say that I am so glad that she loves her new family to be. I always had the innocent notion of thinking when you got married you were getting a whole new wonderful family and it is so fantastic to see that she is!!! So she will come home and the planning will begin in earnest! That's exciting. And a little freaky! But we HAVE the dress. Really, besides the groom and the ring, what else could a girl need!!!

Jace found an apartment...just down the street! Which will be great when Nate needs his Jace fix... or is that the other way around! It seems wedding plans are coming along great for them and really the only thing I have to worry about is the big family dinner the night before. So I will mostly worry about that the week before... because you know us, cooking for 50 or so people really isn't a big deal!

Garrett and Tiffany will be closing on their new home in the next week or so. It's gorgeous and brand new and we are so excited for them! They will only live a couple of miles away and I have seen glimpses of the future when we have to steal Gabe to play with Nate. I love watching Nate with Gabe. Nate adores him and is so kind to him always!

We are working on fixer uppers on this house. WHY does it take so long? Well... never mind. I know why it takes so long. My poor husband is constantly bogged down with work, and not the work that includes finishing the siding on the house so he can paint! He's busy! That means his days off include the normal everyday stuff that goes with being a dad to,um, a few kids! And a wife that likes to hang out with him. His life is rough... but I believe he is up to the challenge. Garrett and Tiffany come out and dug up my flower beds by the house and put new soil in it and hopefully... if ever we get the house painted I will be able to plant new flowers. I am still a little 'put out' that Thayne dug up all of my wild roses. Lucky I love the man so I will forgive him!

Nate is learning lots of new words and signs. He has a speech teacher coming 2 times a month and he is slowly but surely warming up to her. He won't talk loud but he will whisper his answers to her and he will also be getting 'help' with his OCD and sensory issues. He is such a sweet boy and he seems to steal the hearts of everyone he talks to!

So I of course had to add random pictures of Gabe, because he is growing like a little weed and his fun, sweet personality is coming out more and more every day... and well... because he loves his grandma almost as much as his grandma loves him! I love watching Thayne with him now. Thayne loves babies, but he mostly likes to take a nap with newborns... but when they get this age, where they recognize you and interact with you... THAT is when Thayne really gets interested! And Gabe knows if grandpa is around he is going to be making faces and talking to him so as soon as he sees him you can see the look of anticipation on his face! It's so fun! Garrett often sends pictures of Gabe to my cell phone (I love modern technology!!!) Soooo... here he is!

Gabe and Tiffany.... Working at the video store with his mom....
This is such a sweet picture of him... he is constantly sucking on those fingers and his dad is always telling him to stop, and he laughs at his dad because I tell him he can do anything he wants to do!!! This is going to be so fun to spoil this baby and his dad will have to deal with it. :-)
Tiffany said they told him they were packing him up to send him to me! I told him they were welcome to send him C.O.D anytime they wanted!!! It's going to be fun to have him out here even closer to us!
Gabe loves to cuddle with grandma... we spend lots of time hanging out this way!
It was a rough pajama day, in fact we both pretty much stayed in our pajamas since it was a yucky, cloudy, snowy day!!! Then he insisted on cold cereal and promply fell asleep!
Sweet Nate loves his nephew so much... Gabe was laughing so hard and pulling on Nate's hair and he just smiles and lets him do what he wants!

No comments: