Kimi has spent the last 10 days with her new in-laws. She went with Matt's mom and sister to women's conference and had a great time and finally she got home today! And we had lunch ready for them when they got here. It was fun to meet Matt's parents and sister Michelle and her 2 kids. I am happy to say that they fit right in and she is getting a wonderful mother and father in law. Matt of course is wonderful because he loves Kimi the way I have always wanted Kimi to be loved! They are so excited to be starting their life together. Katie and I were joking about what a fairy tale this is. Kimi got a house and a ring in the very same month AND all of Matt's toys are paid off!!! That IS a fairy tale though she probably won't understand how much of a fairty tale it is until she is in the middle of real life! I am SO happy for her!!! Have I mentioned that lately???
And today we saw our daughter in her wedding dress! I cannot believe it!!! WOW! She was beaming. It was so fun to see her at church today getting to show off her diamond ring. And to see her in her dress! WOW!!! Oh, I said that already! She is going to be going to the temple soon and this is so exciting!
I am so grateful for the wonderful people that will become Kimi's other parents. They love her. They accept her and they see the amazing person she is and love her for it. And for that, I love them too! There is nothing more wonderful to a mom than to know that the people that will be such a huge part of her life from now on love her and appreciate her for everything that she is!
So for now we are just excited to be wrapped up in the whirl wind of Kimi's fairy tale! These moments are moving so quickly but it's all so wonderful. And while she knows that life will not always be easy... she knows that she will have forever after!
No comments:
Post a Comment