A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Thursday, November 6, 2008
A done deal!
Well... I guess since it is a done deal I have to say it out loud... Tanner joined the army! There I said it! I have so many feelings going through me right now. It is something he has wanted to do for a very long time. And I am proud of him for wanting to do it. I can only imagine how handsome he will look in his uniform, he is so tall and skinny and cute that he will most definately look amazing. But I am his mom. So I can't help but worry. And worry I will about this child in particular. For Tanner has his own set of trials that are his alone to carry, but as a mother, I can't help but wish I could carry them for him. He has a piece of my heart that is his alone... and in the quiet chambers of my heart I cry most often for him and the burdens that he bears. This will likely be a great learning experience for him. I pray the discipline is what he needs to become the man that is waiting inside of him, the man that I see, but that I believe he sometimes doubts is really there. I hope he finds the strength and the confidence he needs to allow that man to shine and to live up to the greatness that lies within him. I hope that he realizes the dreams that he has! This has been one of them for a very long time. I hope if nothing else, he takes with him the knowledge that he is loved, cherished and prayed for. I hope that he remembers who he is and what he true purpose in life is and that no matter where he is, no matter what he is doing, he will never ever be alone. The the Lord will carry him through everything and that through his trials he can become a great, extraordinary man! Oh how I love that boy of mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I just wanted to 'introduce' myself, since I added you to my bloglist, as I think you noticed. My name is Susie, I'm originally from T.F. ID, and I started reading your blog back when I spent some time on LDS BBC. Anyways, we often have differing opinions, but I enjoy reading your blog and your perspective, I hope you don't mind! Congrats and good luck on your son in the military. My DH is in the army, and getting out next summer. It is quite the life, and I would have a hard time if my boys joined, but it does offer some great opportunities!
Susie
being the wife of a soldier, it is never easy. Military life is not for everyone, but being in the military is being part of an elite group. Not only is it a job, but it is a lifestyle. No matter what he does, or how long he stays in, this part of his life is something he will always hold near and close to his heart.
I am getting ready to send my husband away in a week, and I only pray he makes it back for the birth of our baby. After hat, he will leave again for a year, and the soonest that we will get to see him is August of 2009.
our baby boys grown into men, it's bitter sweet...
I can imagine how hard this was being a mom! I would be freaking out myself. lol Congrats on your son's new career!
Congratulations to Tanner on his decision to join the Army. I am a veteran (11 years active duty) as well as an Army wife, so I know the life well. It can be hard, but it is also extremely rewarding. If you don't mind sharing- what MOS (job) did he choose?
OH,Kim what a huge but great decision your big boy made. I truly admire of course since my hubby retired from the military anyone who can enlist and give up a regular life to defend our great country and that is what she is. Give Tanner huge hugs from us,if he makes it out this way,please be sure to let me know as we can go visit him.
I'll be praying for his ever so safe journey and that God uses him with greatly.
Nancy
Tanner chose to be a combat engineer... of course!!! :) I am excited for him, but as a mom of course I am terrified. They just think they have to grow up the way they want to, darn it! ;)
Post a Comment