I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hope Big Brother isn't tuning in!

Because I have a bone to pick with the government agency called MSHA!!! ;) Thayne and I were laughing this morning that MSHA is a 4 letter word in our house! Even Kami will 'curse' MSHA when she hears her dad has to deal with them! I know... we totally brain wash our children but hey, it is what it is! She prays for her dad when she hears MSHA is coming... prays that MSHA won't be mean!!! ha ha!

Thayne had to go out to work today because MSHA is there. Tell me, what other government agency would willingly work on Sunday unless they can torment and harass the common man! It also seems very unfair and misguided when they hire a man that was fired from the mine and knows virtually nothing about underground and has a bone to pick with the company... talk about a double standard here! Now... if ever there is a mining accident and the wonderful media gets in and goes on and on about the number of citations the mine has... even going so far as to say that they had some serious ones... let me tell you about those! They got a MAJOR safety violation handed to them last week...want to know what it was for? They have 12 rescue chambers underground... 12 rescue chambers worth millions of dollars that has the potential to save the life of a miner underground in case of a cave in, a fire, explosion, gas leak or any number of worst case scenarios! It is self contained and will keep them alive for 72 hours! So you are wondering what the big violation is? Well, you see, there were no paper cups in the rescue chambers and what if somebody had to go in... in order to save their lives... and has to drink the water from the jug without a paper cup!!! Okay, call me strange, even petty, but if my life had just been saved in the event of a horrible tragedy, and IF there was food and water to keep me alive long enough for somebody to come and get me... I promise you that I won't be complaining that I might have to share the water jug with somebody!!! He has even been wrote up for the garbage can being in the wrong place in the office... boy these people are thorough! Let's forget that he wrote him up on one part of the mine, only to forget where it was!!! So he signed it off after looking at the wrong place! :) Yes, this is our government in action! Don't you feel safer now???

So my husband is at work, had to miss church, is out there being tormented by a man that seems to be stalling so they will send in help to finish the inspection because he doesn't know what he is looking at. I am just overjoyed at the wonderful way the government spends time and money... or is that wastes... hmmmm!!! Now I hope that the government doesn't come knocking on the door and take us away for having such a negative attitude about MSHA! And I hope Thayne gets through this while still managing to get 50,000 ounces of gold for the month to put them ahead! He's pulling the ounces off, but MSHA...that's a whole different nightmare! ;)

2 comments:

Cynthia Gilligan said...

Ha! I was getting citations at home; we had a lock box on our thermostat, and only MSHA had the key! They get CrAzY!

Hi, my name is Kristal said...

I remember MSHA, my dh would always come home from work and laugh at all the ridiculous stuff they came up with.Those people have serious power trip issues.
K~