I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, November 24, 2008

Sock day.... OH NO!

It's that time again... I can't put it off another day! I've ignored, made do, tried to convince myself that just starting over might be a good idea... but here we are, no getting around it... gotta be done! Socks!!! Yep, I have to break down and match socks. I knew I was in trouble when Thayne said in an oh so sweet voice, "I forgot to find some socks for work tomorrow." :) Oh the guilt! He is ever so willing to do it himself but hey, I'm his wife, what is a wife good for if not for matched socks for work! ;-) Well... I guess a wife is good for more than socks... hahahahaha... dinner is a good thing too! ;-) hehe! See... I'm procrastinating doing it even now.... but do it I will! I have some things on my to-do list before Thanksgiving and one of them is to match the socks and get the laundry caught up. Of course I am out of laundry soap so a trip to the store is necessary now but ugh... I'll get there! If anyone wants to come over and help match socks, I'll likely be here from now until... well... probably tomorrow morning!!!!!!!

Updated to say that 2 1/2 of the 4 laundry baskets are now matched, I gave up because I have too many socks downstairs in the laundry so I'll start over tomorrow but a couple of hundred pairs of socks are successfully matched now!!!!

7 comments:

Crescent Moon Mama said...

(lurking from preg.org)

If I were you, for the little ones, I'd only buy socks that have the size printed on the bottom. And for the olders, all the same socks,one kind in white, one kind in black.

All those socks. I just couldn't do it...

Living My Dream said...

awwww.... we have tried every single idea out there including one size, it just doesn't work here! UGH!

Rebecca said...

I would come help you match socks ANY day! You're a saint, Kim! ♥

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Oh Kim.......just the thought makes me want to go crazy. I hate matching socks, and I only have 5 1/2 kids ;-) I think the worst his hubby, he wears three pairs a day in the winter. I hate hate hate socks. My suggestion would be to throw them ALL out, go to the store, and buy 3 pacages of every size, but all the the same type of sock. Seriously it is so much easier when they are all the same kind and color :-)

MissouriMormonMama said...

Oh my goodness! What fun. Good luck! I won't complain when I sit down this week to match socks for my 3 1/2 kids ( :

gretchen said...

Kim,
Thank you! Thank you! I have the same sock problem in my house and it truly makes me feel like a bad wife when my husband is looking for his dumb socks. Thanks for letting my know I am not alone!
Gretchen
www.nineducklings.blogspot.com

Haley said...

Well, how is the sock matching going? I can't imagine matching that amount of socks. Wow, I am amazed.