I have had several friends talk about this movie but hadn't seen it in theaters around here. Sunday a friend was saying that she and her husband had seen it and it was a refreshing movie and that it was so 'good' that she doubted it would be in theaters long. I told Thayne that I wanted us to go see it. He said that he had seen it advertised and had wanted to see it too so we went last night. There were a grand total of 8 of us in the theater but I have to say that I was thrilled to see such a wonderful "Christian" movie and wish that society would accept more movies like that! I have always been grateful for the type of man Thayne is... or better yet, what he allowed himself to become through humility and trust that the Lord had a better plan for his life than he did. He constantly amazes me how willing he is to grow and learn and become better than before and his love for me and our children sometimes takes my breath away. I was touched by how much the movie affected him. We had a wonderful discussion after the movie and I feel more connected to him than ever before, which is really saying a lot since he has always been everything to me. I especially loved one quote from the movie that said: "Look when something is fireproof, it doesn’t mean that fire is never going to come to it. It is that when fire comes you are going to be able to withstand the heat." That is one of the blessings of our marriage... that when hard times come, we have constantly built a relationship that will allow us to withstand the heat until it passes. And like the gold that Thayne is involved in mining, it's the heat that processes and purifies the gold to make it something so valuable and so wanted. Too many people want 'easy' and if it isn't easy, they throw it away like it was never meant to be. They are missing out. I have a weird obsession of reading the divorces in the newspaper. Not the names, just the date of their marriage. I am not sure if I am saddest about the marriages that were short term, or the long term ones. I feel bad for the short term marriages that end, because they weren't married long enough to truly appreciate the beauty of a wonderful marriage... of working side by side with someone through the years to create something really beautiful. Or is it the marriages that have many years behind them. I always wonder what it was the broke them... why would they throw away years of their lives and not want to make it work. Of course there are a million reasons why. There are a million ways to hurt another person. There are a million ways to betray someone. We promised each other a long time ago that we would check our course often and make sure that we are growing in the same direction. He told me that I am his addiction! :) This movie really hit home how easy it is to get off course and how hard you should work to keep it. Nothing of any value comes easy...if it were easy it wouldn't be worth it. We tease each other that 'out' is not an option and since we aren't willing to spend 50+ years together unhappy, we will always work to find something to laugh about! We work everyday to make our marriage Fireproof!!! Thayne told me he wants to get the "Love Dare" to give to each of our kids as they grow and prepare for marriage of their own. We told Garrett he should take Tiffany to it while it is still in town. You can see the 'Love Dare' at www.fireproofmymarriage.com
Thayne gave me a beautiful picture frame for my birthday with a poem in it called Marriage Takes Three... It says:
I once thought marriage took just two to make a go,
but now I am convinced it takes the Lord also.
And not one marriage fails where Christ is asked to enter,
as lovers come together with Jesus at the center.
But marriage seldom thrives, and homes are incomplete,
till He is welcomed there to help avoid defeat.
In homes where Christ is first, it's obvious to see,
those unions really work, for marriage still takes three.
5 comments:
So did you end up seening the movie here? Or did you have to go somewhere else to see it?
It's here at the new theater! You should go, you would really enjoy it!
Kim~~
I love the family pictures. You have the most beautiful family. Your kids sound a lot like mine so I wish we knew eachother in "real" life. I am also incredibly saddened by the loss of your baby.
Gretchen
www.nineducklings.blogspot.com
Our neighbor went to that movie last night with 2 of her sons. She really liked it. But there were 2 other people watching the movie and she said that the moment God was mentioned they left.
Ed and I went to see this when it first came out. We LOVED it.
Post a Comment