I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nate's birthday!

We had a great party! The house was busting at the seams with people but it was great! I have been a little bit emotional today, more so than on his birthday. I think the reason why is because THIS is what I thought about on one of the very darkest nights with Nate in the hospital. I kept telling myself that when he turned 1 we would celebrate his birthday with the ones that were there for us, helping us through... just the thought of seeing him at one kept me going on a night that didn't look like he would even make it through the night. And here it is! He had over 50 people celebrating the past year! It was amazing! I am so grateful for everyone that was here for us, in thought, in prayer or in action... we have so many blessings! So the party is over, but the fun is just beginning!!!

And thank you Karen for coming to visit teach and giving me the message that this is the season of hope. That the Savior gives us hope and that Nate was born at the right season to celebrate the hope that carried us through all of this past year!







4 comments:

Cynthia Gilligan said...

awhh.. what fun! he's changed so much since august - big boy! Happy Birthday Nate!

Haley said...

Wow, little Nate had a great birthday, you can sure see the love in those photos,

Your little girls looked darling in their dresses and bows too.

You are really blessed,

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Karen said...

Thank you for sharing your family with Anna and I last night. We had so much fun in your home, we could feel the love by being with your family and friends. Nat is a special child to so many, including our family, we love him. Thank you Thayne for such sweet comments as Anna and I were leaving. As I said I would take any of your children any time. Kim thanks for such sweet comments about visitng teaching, you are the best. All our love, The Rowley's

Natalie said...

Looks like some party! All right Nate!!