I am soooooo glad our party is over! To be honest, I get very frustrated with our ward parties! Sometimes it seems that parents forget they have children and children forget they are in the church so chaos reigns and I feel a little tense to put it nicely! :) And trying to make it possible for Santa to come in and get kids lined up so we can take pictures is well... impossible! But everyone always seems like they enjoy themselves even if I feel crazy so I guess that is the important part???!!! This year it seemed like a good idea to involve the masses of children instead of having them running. So a few brave friends and I herded them into the primary room (think sheep... nativity... hehe!) and we dressed children as angels, shepherds, even sheep and a star, Joseph and Mary and read the story of the birth of Jesus from the Bible. The kids were quite well behaved (I begged them to be angelic!!! lol), the parents did not sing very loud when they were supposed to... but they are adults, what do you expect? And when Santa came it was completely crazy and out of control... but our Santa was awesome and we finally got all of the kids through the line and got the church cleaned and home... exhausted, but relieved. I wanted to go right to bed, but didn't, and unfortunately caught my second wind and couldn't go to sleep until after midnight! Nate is not feeling well, has the 'crud' that is going around and was up several times in the night... so maybe I should go to bed right now and avoid the 'second wind' thing! Katie said something about 'next year when you do this....' and I told her to BITE her tongue!!! Ohhhhhhhh... it's all good.... I like to do things like that, just have a bad attitude this year..... :)






Hayden with Santa.....
Kalli with Santa....

Cereta (niece) with Santa....
Hyrum and Santa....
Jarom (nephew) with Santa....

Kalli with Santa....
Cereta (niece) with Santa....
Hyrum and Santa....
Jarom (nephew) with Santa....
My camera battery died so I have to wait on friends that took pictures of the other kids before I can post them! I can't believe the battery died!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment