Today I had a horrible 50 minutes of terror! The school lost my daughter! My 14 year old daughter! You would think they could keep track of a child that old, but no...it would seem that they really haven't known where she is all year, but that's another story!
Kassi texted me this morning saying that they were watching the inauguration all day and wouldn't that be a good excuse to come home??? I ignored her the first 2 times that text came through. The 3rd time I caved... after all, I wouldn't want to be forced to watch it, so why should she??? So I told her I was going to call the school and then send Kailee to get her and she was thrilled, and with the promise to fold the laundry when she got home since I am still fighting a horrible migraine and a bad sinus infection now! So I called the school to tell them she would be picked up. Kailee called and asked me to text her and tell her to get to the office.... NOTHING! Waited, texted again... then Kailee calls and asks where she is. I am getting a little concerned since she had been texting me. Then the school calls. It would seem they misplaced my daughter! Fear started racing through the heart of everyone involved and a search began. Kids were sent to the parking lot, to the bathroom, the hallways... still no Kassi. I called her phone. Nothing! I text Tallin and he leaves his classroom in search of his sister. I talk to them again at the school.... NOTHING! They have kids searching every car in the parking lot, bathrooms are searched. I called Thayne and he reassures me that they will find her. I called Jace and he yells that I should call the police! I didn't know it then but he took off to get out here and find her. He said he was so scared he doesn't even remember getting in the truck and leaving to get out here! 50 minutes later they tell the principal they are calling on the intercom over the school for her... and there she was, in her class, waiting for us to come and get her. The problem you may ask? They don't have any record of her being in the class... the computers lost her, have her in a different class, have all year!!! Oops! But for 50 minutes I waited, wondered and had imagined the most horrible of things that could have happened to her! Even the secretary was terrified. She told the kids she didn't want to let on to me how scared she was because she knew I was REALLY scared! I was so relieved when I knew she was okay! Now I hope they finally fix their computers!!!
2 comments:
Oh my word! I would have been terrified too! And I can't believe they've had her in the wrong class all year. How crazy. Glad everyone is safe though. And I hope you've calmed down by now :)
Oh, man. Last year, we didn't know where Spencer was for about a half hour...I was thisclose to losing it.
It turned out fine, just like yours. Thank God.
Post a Comment