I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pour some sugar....

Last night we got home from Salt Lake and walked into a clean house with the smell of brownies still lingering. The kids were downstairs and the baby was asleep. They were wrestling, laughing and teasing. We yelled down at them that we were home but no response. Thayne yelled down again but they just kept laughing and playing and I told him they didn't even know we were home. We spent several minutes laughing and listening to them carry on downstairs and they were really having a great time. I finally peaked over the stairs where Kailee and Hyrum were thumb wrestling. Kailee yelled that her thumb didn't bend that way and leaned her head back laughing when she saw me leaning over the edge. She let out a scream that had Thayne and me laughing so hard! I scared her good! Told her she never knows who is watching and to beware of her actions!

But the secrets are slowly coming out about the day while we were away! My kids are serious 80's music freaks! Don't know where they got it, but you can put just about any song from the 'classic rock' (really... WHEN did that happen? Classic rock? Hardly!) and they can sing right along! Def Leppard seems to be the music of choice lately and Kailee goes around singing Pour Some Sugar On Me. Hmmmmm... And then I hear from a little birdie (thank you Bummy!) that Kailee was singing this song while she threw spoonfuls of sugar at Kimi!!!!

I have to say that since there was no sugar left on the floor or on the furniture, I can almost convince myself that it didn't happen! It's just better that way!!! Pick your battles and ignore the rest... it really does work better that way!

No comments: