I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Twas the morning of New Years Day...

And all through the house, everyone was sleeping, quiet as a mouse.... Except Nate....

He even stayed up late partying with the kids, but NOPE, 5 something AM he was awake. I didn't go to sleep until after 2:30am so I tried to ignore him. Surely he would just go back to sleep. Surely I was wrong! I got him a bottle and he was happy and content... for about 10 minutes! Now he is demanding to be picked up. Standing in the crib jumping up and down yelling at me! Got it, you need out, a diaper change, something to eat... now PLEASE go back to sleep! We both start dozing off when the blasted phone rings!!! At 6:30 am on New Year's Day! WHY is somebody from the mine calling the house phone at 6:30am on New Year's Day??? Even better question... WHY aren't they calling Thayne's cell phone???? I missed the phone before it stopped ringing and they never did call Thayne's phone. And Nate never did go back to sleep!!! Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Cynthia Gilligan said...

They wanted to wake the boss up on New Years morning... ha!

Living My Dream said...

Yeah... sadly he sleeps through world wars happening in the next room so a little phone call didn't even pause the snores!!! lol