I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I like my kids!!!

I know...it's a shock, but I really LIKE my kids! They are really cool. They make me smile. They do make me really crazy and sometimes completely mad... but I love them a LOT! I subbed for Jace's primary class Sunday and I got to watch my kids, and other kids, and I decided I am glad that I am the mom to MY kids! Because they are really awesome! And they behave! Oh, I know they aren't perfect. But they sat and listened to the lessons, they paid attention to those that were teaching, or leading music or sharing with the group. I watched them look at the people teaching and I realized that kids don't look other people in the eye much anymore! But they did! I love that so far, my kids haven't figured out that I am a complete mess and don't really have it all together. :) Jace and I were talking about Caitlyn's hair that she got talked into dying dark... and how she is working hard to get it back to the natural blonde it was (and too cute by the way!). He said, " I told her that you do NOT mess with your hair like that!" I do highlight my hair but have been extremely frustrated with 2 of my girls that tried to do a home job that ended up looking well... um, just bad! But I thought it was funny that Jace assumed that I have never 'messed with' my hair before! I like that I can go out to eat with my kids and carry on a conversation with them and laugh with them and have fun with them. I can even tease them! Of course it goes the other way and they tease me too! I love that my kids love 80's music and tomorrow the girls and I are going to Utah to dress shop for Kailee's first semi-formal dance and that we will get to listen to 80's music and dance and sing and likely they will sing out the window and embarrass Katie, Buffy and me!!! I like that we can go out on dates with our kids'.... at their request! I just really like my kids and today my heart is full and mushy because I was watching them hang out and talk and play and laugh and it hit me that I like that I really like them, and not just love them cuz I have to for being their mom! ;) lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the best sound in the world, is hearing your children making each other laugh!

Sabrina said...

It's so much fun to come here and read your blog Kim! I like my kid's too! I don't think mine would sit and listen to me teach though! lol