I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nothing at all to blog about...

I am bored! How you ask? Just that I am? I can't even wash clothes because I am out of laundry soap so I just have to sit here... bored! The older kids are in town at a fireside. I could have gone, but I am thinking I might be getting the sick stomach gunk that some of the others have. Kami is really sick. Fever, throwing up, head ache. Bummy has had a head ache. Willie and Kinzee both stayed home from church sick. I am mostly just sick of sickness. Everyone around here has it!

So I am bored! Of course you could find it mildly entertaining to listen to Thayne and the kids. Something about lint and the fact that Bummy just got some out of his dad's belly button! :) Or the laughter of Nate checking out Thayne's belly button. But it's only entertaining if you have a sick sense of humor, which of course most of my family has! When you have a sick sense of humor, lint and belly buttons are mildly entertaining.

Kalli is playing Wii Fit, which does nothing for MY bored-ness... only hers. Though if I could talk Thayne into getting back on it... THAT would be entertaining. The first night we got Wii Fit Thayne got on and made him a Wii-Thayne and had us all laughing... Thayne... and yoga! Yeah, that is funny! At one point the Wii paused to tell him that he does not appear to be very limber, and does he fall down a lot when he walks!!! All of the kids were lounging around watching and laughing until we would have fallen down, except that we were already sitting! He told us it would be much easier if we weren't watching... AND LAUGHING! But what's a dad for if not to entertain.

I could go to bed, because I am very tired. But if I go to bed now then I would definately be up in the middle of the night with still nothing to blog about.

Thayne and I went to the temple yesterday with friends, Mike and Melissa. It was so nice to go. I wish we lived closer... though it is a good excuse to get out of town and eat at Applebees! We made a goal to go at the very least once a month. It's February... we've done well so far...we'll see how the rest of the year goes. It helped that Garrett got married... that was a good incentive to go in January. And the newlyweds are doing great. Happy, in love, having fun, making plans for the future. Just like it's supposed to be!

Now Hayden is bored... must be something going around in our house. I guess the problem is that we just aren't a family that hangs out watching tv. Everyone is too used to the constant running that seems to be our life. We should be better at just sitting with nothing to do. I bought a couple of books at Seagull's yesterday... but one I will have to think about in order to read, the other will make me want to get over any guilt I feel in my life... I knew I should have bought the other two books I was looking at! If I weren't so fat already I would go bake something... but if I bake it, I will eat it and that won't be good for my self esteem!

Maybe I will put on a good movie and have my little people climb in bed with us and watch it... that might keep everybody 'unbored' for an hour! If we plan it right it could be bedtime when the movie gets over!

1 comment:

talitha said...

Ooooh, what books did you buy??