I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, January 17, 2010

From the past.... Willie

I have been going through old pictures and the kids have really enjoyed looking at them. I saw this one and oh the memories it brought back. My little Willie Kade is now almost 13, but before he was even 2 he was making my life completely insane. He went from one mess to the other.... he found ways to make messes that left my head spinning and sometimes he made so many messes in a day that I would finally put him in his crib and make tell him that he had to nap until I could get the messes cleaned up! You could literally turn your back for minutes and he would dump something on the floor! So one day I was talking to my friend on the phone. Wyatt was a newborn and I had bought a new jar of Vaseline and it was under my sink... I was making my bed and Willie walked in to my room. Our bedroom/bathroom is open, and I thought nothing of him going into the bathroom because he was headed for my closet, not the toilet which was another place he was constantly being pulled out of! I finished up Thayne's side of the bed and told my friend that Willie had gotten too quiet and walked around to check on him.... to find both hands in a once brand new but now completely empty jar of Vaseline... and he was covered! Completely covered!!!! My friend was laughing hysterically and told me to make sure I took pictures. Which of course I did! I told him not to move an inch, I was going to get the camera to take a picture of his last day on earth because I was surely ready to strangle him! As I snapped the picture the little stinker said, "Cheeseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Really, how could you be mad??? Even though he had just covered his head, his new shirt and new overalls....

The positive? Well, I now know how to get Vaseline out of clothing and a child's hair! My little bandit boy...oh how I love him!!! In this picture you can actually see him saying cheese when I took the picture. And yes... he had it all over the counter and doors too!

1 comment:

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

I have *heard* you tell this story before and as the old saying goes.. This picture DOES tell a 1000 words.. Just seeing how thick the gloop is on his head is hysterical...