I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More of the past....

Going through old pictures has been so fun! I really should catch up on my scrapbooking one of these days.... but then just putting it on the blog and printing it off in a book might just be better, and easier in the long run! :) I love to scrapbook, but it seems like for the last little while the days fly by so quickly that I can barely get the absolute necessities done, let alone all of the fun things I want to do! I had a friend ask if I could show pictures of our family through the years, as our family has grown. I think for the most part we have done a yearly (at least) picture of our family and so, I might just get busy and start organizing and actually get that done. I guess it's just been a time of memories looking at baby Gabe, comparing pictures of Garrett when he was little and loving where our lives have gone.... and how our family has grown! It's amazing when I look back and see where we were, and where we are going. I see so many changes coming to our family this year and it's so exciting. It's like pay off for some pretty intense struggles! I love looking back though. I think one of the things that have kept our family so strong, is that Thayne and I constantly keep in mind the many things that made us fall in love in the first place! I feel very blessed... I feel so lucky and I love life.... even when there are trials and struggles!

This is spring of 1988.... our family starting out.... amazing how time has flown and even more amazing to see Garrett with a wife and son of his own and Jace starting his family this year! Life is such a gift and our children are our greatest treasure! Caitlyn thinks it is funny that Jace always had a big deer in the headlights look in all of his baby pictures! Not sure why I was laughing as Garrett was screaming... haha

No comments: