I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Garrett is 23!!!

We had so much fun last night celebrating Garrett's 23rd birthday! Is he really 23? WOW! It's amazing to think that! Garrett, Tiffany (and Gabe of course), Kimi and Matt, Tanner and Celeste, Kailee all went with us to Wingers for Garrett's birthday dinner. It is just so much fun hanging out with my big kids. It's amazing to watch them together, laughing and enjoying being together. It's amazing to watch as they have grown, watch the adults they are becoming, to interact with them as adults.

So much has changed in the last year for Garrett. A beautiful wife, and a beautiful baby boy, getting ready to go off to another state to go to school.... he has so much to look forward to! And I will sit back and enjoy watching him become the amazing man I see inside of him! I can't believe that 23 years ago I held my firstborn... and dreamed of the life ahead of us. And now here he is, living his own life with a family of his own. It's crazy how quickly life moves on... and yet it is so exciting!

Happy Birthday son... I hope that this year brings wonderful things for you and your beautiful family..... I hope as you work hard, all of your dreams come true. Know that your dad and I will always be here for you, standing behind you, cheering you on! It is such a blessing to be your mom and to sit back and watch your life become what you always wanted it to be!

No comments: