I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let's talk about.... me! :)

Well... not really, but I did mean to blog about my birthday with my big kids and it was the most amazing weekend and I had the best time spending it with my family. Saturday night we went out to dinner with the older kids and I can't get over how amazing it is to have a 'grown up' relationship with them. We all went out to eat and had the best time laughing and talking and enjoying being together. I love seeing the kids interact as adults, to see that they really like each other and enjoy being together, hanging out! It's so exciting seeing how life is changing... seeing Kimi meet the one that she wants to spend forever with. Knowing that we will have more weddings, more very exciting times for our family. The greatest thing ever is watching my kids grow and become the amazing human beings I always dreamed they would be. I hear them laugh with each other, and I can't help but smile. I hear them all downstairs playing Wii, while I am snuggled with Gabe and I can't help but think that for moments in time, all is right with the world. I love how Tiffany and Caitlyn are just part of our family now... and since meeting Matt, he fits right in and he is welcomed into the family like he has always been here.... we have so many blessings. There will always be hard times thrown in to make us appreciate when it is good, but I am so grateful to be the mom of this family... they are all amazing. And this year they made my birthday one to be remembered for a very long time!!! Thanks... I love you all!


I was going through pictures and found this picture of my grandma holding me as a newborn. There are times that I miss her so much it hurts. Sometimes when I get pictures taken of my kids I forget that she is gone and I don't need to send her one. She told me one time that she felt like Heavenly Father sent me for her, to make up for my granpa dying. She said she wasn't supposed to rock me to sleep but she would babysit me and we would rock for hours. She would read me nursery rhymes until I had them memorized and then she told my parents I knew how to read, and I 'read' them the book of nursery rhymes, even knowing when to turn the pages. I miss her so much and wish that she was still here for all of my kids to know her!
Me.... at 9 months old!

No comments: