Jace and Caitlyn told me that I needed to find a song to dance with Jace at the reception. I am not sure if I am going to get through this without breaking down into a blubbering mess... this boy has always been the keeper of my mother's heart. He has always seemed to know when I hurt, what makes me happy, when I am worried or scared, or just need a hug. He is a joy... sometimes when I think he notices the least he does something like kiss me on the top of the head and thank me for making him dinner. I am thrilled for him and Caitlyn. We love Cait as if she were already one of our own and I am so happy, and grateful to welcome her officially into the family. I am grateful for the way she loves our family also. She is truly a gift, and one to be treasured. And while I am thrilled for the life they are ready to begin together, I cannot help but think of those days when this little boy was all mine... with his sweet little voice telling me he loved me, and that I was beautiful... because I knew that I was to him. I have been looking back through pictures for their video and I am a little amazed to see how many are of him with a sibling, clear back to when he was a tiny boy and Kimi was a baby he always had a great love for his family. There was a time I thought he might be the one to fly away... pursue dreams far beyond here, beyond our home. And yet, he has developed talents that amaze me and through the years he has become even more close to our family, often the glue that seemed to hold us so tightly. It has been the greatest joy, and privilege to be his mom and I look forward to watching him become a husband, a father... to become even more the man that I have always seen him to be. He is amazing! So while I know that when I dance with him to this song I will be crying... it will not only be tears of sadness that my little boy has grown into an amazing man... there will be so many tears of joy BECAUSE he has grown into one of the most compassionate and kind men I know!
1 comment:
That song is perfect! What a beautiful song.
Post a Comment