I feel so sad today.
I'm sure the wind and clouds have nothing to do with it.
Or maybe it does.
I just have no drive to get up, and clean, and fold, and match
and do all the things that I should be doing today.
I exercised.
That helped.
For a minute!
But today I just want to cry... alone... in my room
and not have to worry about anything else.
This month we should be celebrating the first birthday of the first baby we lost
in this horrible series of losses.
Sunday I held a little boy exactly the age that my little boy would have been.
He fell asleep in my arms...
and a tear fell down my cheek.
Nate would love having a little brother.
They would have been the best of friends.
I should have delivered a baby last month
if the pregnancy had survived.
I would start feeling my baby move this month
if I had not lost another one.
Why has my body betrayed me?
Did I do something I shouldn't have?
Could I have done something different?
Or is it just another test...
Another trial that I get to endure?
The reasons don't really matter.
How I endure it does.
It's hard....
because so many people have an opinion.
So many people want to tell me I have enough.
I have even heard someone almost rejoice over the losses.
Weird.
Some understand.
I especially love those that understand.
If I am done... I want to feel done!
Thayne tells me I am not like other women.
I am unique.
Is that his nice way of telling me I am a freak?
ha ha
I told him I am sorry he married a freak!
I love to have his babies.
I love to create life... with him
and feel that life grow and become another wonderful,
amazing human being.
Like all of the other lives we have created
and that I have the privilege of calling mine!
I love being Gabe's grandma.
I should be done... and be okay with being done!
And yet... I have this deep desire
This burning that while I recognize the blessings...
I feel another
waiting on our bench.
Oh, the bench story.
How many lives that story has changed.
My bench should be empty right?
But I don't feel it.
The peace and absolute knowledge that others have felt
has not come to me.
I have felt peace that at some point I will understand the losses.
But I don't feel the peace
and my arms ache for those that are gone.
I have so many reasons to smile.
I know that.
And I love the ones I have.
I will love those that come to our family through the children I adore.
But I hope
and I pray
That the emptiness goes away.
And I find the peace
that I know can
come.
But today, and just for today I am
sad!
7 comments:
"The day will come when you will understand and on that day you would have it no other way."
-Elder Scott
I still mourn the loss of my first two pregnancies. MC at 6 weeks 5 days, both of them. One in Feb 1998, one in April 1998. Then in May I surprisingly got pg with my oldest dd who is now 11. I went on to have 2 more kids, that's 3 kids in less than 3 years. Then no more bio kids because of my health. We adopted a little boy who is now 5. I long for more. But it does not look like that will be a possibility. It's important to let yourself grieve. I wrote a blog post about grief...
http://iknowwhatweregonnadotoday.blogspot.com/2010/04/good-grief.html
Hang in there. Let yourself grieve. One day you will find yourself living with much fun and laughter in your new normal.
The first in our series of miscarriages would be celebrating her 2nd birthday this month. I know. I have a moment of reverence for her every mother's day, that's when she would be due.
We lost two more after that. I felt hopeless. I am so sorry you are sad. I love ya, Kim.
Becky
I just want to cry with you :( :( Even though I delivered a perfect and beautiful little boy after I lost mine in 2008, my heart still aches for that baby. Some people say that baby's spirit is probably Devin. But I don't know. All I know is that t hurt soooooo very much when I lost that baby. I still have a little shoe box that holds the only evidence that that life existed. The pregnancy tests, the "big sister" shirt Lauren wore to tell Daddy, and some writings I did when I lost it. It sits on my shelf and I don't know if that hole in my heart will ever fully heal.
I wish I could say something to make your hurt stop. I'd put a band aid on it or something. But I understand. And I'm so sorry :(
I understand. No magical words to help comfort you. Only time and the love of our Father in Heaven and our family can do that. I have lost 4 and it hurts. I hope and pray I get to have those babies with me some day! I know that we are done. I have never felt okay about it but I have felt peace if that makes sense. I had to grieve though. I love having babies, I love being pregnant, I love my children and like you... love watching them grow into amazing people! I hope and pray for you that you will find peace and understand.. and that maybe even, you will be able to go on to have another baby if that is what Heavenly Father has in store for you!
Take care Kim!
I understand completely! We lost a baby in May of 2008 at 10 weeks, didn't get pregnant again until last month. I lost that baby a week after we found out he/she was in there. I'm feeling betrayed by my body too, it use to do this so well!
Kat
I so often feel betrayed by my body too Kim. It's not fair and it's not easy to feel there are more out there for you and yet your body can't understand. Joseph's loss is still so close that yesterday was particularly hard. I know that having him was a blessing and holding him was as well since I couldn't hold so many others. Still, my heart hurts that for some reason my body couldn't sustain him and so many babies.
I wish I had the words to help you feel better but I don't. I am there myself and wish I could make heads or tails of it. One of the most hurtful things about our situation was hearing someone we thought was a friend say to someone else (while I was just mere feet away) that it was a good thing we lost our baby and to know another "friend" laughed at the situation. It broke my heart all over again.
I don't know how many more are waiting on my bench but I know they are there and I want to hold them so badly. I pray we both get to do just that. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment