I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I have a confession...

I am going to admit this, confess, get it out there once and for all. I have another love and this time of year makes me crazy for my other love. I know, it's a horrible thing, but I can't help it. I look forward to this time of year all year long. When I am pregnant this love haunts my dreams. I crave the moment I will be able to see this love in the grocery store. My other love? Pine Nuts! The smell of them roasting takes me back to my childhood. I am very selfish about my love, though I will share them with Thayne. But I sneak them from my kids because they really like pine nuts too, but at over $11 a lb in the store, this is not something I am willing to share with kids who would find the same enjoyment out of pine nuts as they would sunflower seeds. It's a very selfish thing. I roast them at night after they are in bed, but I am not above eating them raw! It brings back memories of my childhood, when we could go out and get them ourselves. Grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles.... it could be a family affair. When I was pregnant with Garrett we were soooo poor! But I would save my pennies and walk to the store and buy $2 at a time. I craved them, I needed them, I had to have them. Many pregnancies have come and gone, and any that happened during October, November and even December brought those horrible cravings. So you can only imagine the absolute thrill that went through me when I walked into the grocery store this afternoon, and saw them... a barrel full of them just waiting to come home with me. Oh, I love this time of year!

No comments: