A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
My sister... again!
My sister works for me at the video store. Yesterday I was there working on some thngs and a customer came in as soon as we opened to rent The Incredible Hulk. He told us he needed to update his phone number. He said the name on it had been under his wife's name and she had passed away. I thought her name sounded familiar. Not long ago a lady that worked at the grocery store we always shop at had passed away suddenly of a blood clot. He was talking about how hard it was and Tammy said she understood. I told him that Tammy really did understand, that her husband had passed away. Tammy then went on to give the man hope and encouragement and let him know that while there are some moments that it seems like you won't be able to make it through just one more minute, that he could do it. She was so great with him, sharing his pain but offering hope for probably the most horrible thing he would ever go through. And then I watched something wonderful happen. He told her that if he could ever help with her boys, he would be glad to. He offered to help fix their motorcycles and that he has been teaching boys to race motorbikes for many years and he owns a garage to fix them. The one thing we have learned in any struggle is if you can lose yourself, move beyond your own grief and give to others, you find joy in the service. He was able to find that moment of moving beyond his own grief as he thought about 4 little boys losing their daddy and wanted to lift a burden for somebody else. She hugged him and told him she would pray for him to have peace as he went through this difficult time. And I was grateful to watch the act of service my sister gave for a man who had suffered a deep loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a very touching story, I am sorry they have both have lost thier spouses. Your sister sounds like a very special lady. I hope her boys are doing fine.
Post a Comment