I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Kinzee Jo





Kinzee Jo is 13! Another teenager! I can't believe it has been 13 years since that adorable girl was born. She's amazing. She has grown up so much. Where did the time go?


13 years ago yesterday Thayne and I went to Provo, Utah to shop. We needed a new camera so we could take pictures of our sweet new daughter scheduled to be born the next day. Funny how things stand out in your mind, even now after all of these years. We were so excited to have this daughter join our family. It had been a rough year, Thayne had gone through back surgery and took months to recover and be released for work again. And we were having a new daughter join our family in just hours. A funny side to all of this. That day the jury came back and found OJ not guilty of murdering his wife. Yesterday, 13 days to the day he was found guilty on several counts of armed robbery... poetic justice maybe! ;)



The mood in the operating room was more like a party the morning Kinzee was born. The doctor's had 60's music playing. Dr Smith and Dr Monson were in rare form, singing along to the music, nurses dancing. We were swinging to Rockin' Robin or something like that! :) Dr Smith told the nurse, who happened to be named Marcia, that he needed a new glove. She said, "What kind? A bloody one? That doesn't fit????" Everyone started laughing. I was laughing, they told me to hold still or I would have an uneven cut! I told them they were sick, and that they were having far too much fun to be handling sharp instruments! And then out came our beautiful baby girl. She had the sweetest little round face! She was so wanted, and so loved. The day we left the hospital we went straight to my grandma's surprise birthday party where we got to show off our sweet little girl. She has been a constant joy to our family. She is a gift and we are grateful to know this wonderful young woman! I look forward to seeing all that she will accomplish in her future.


Happy Birthday my sweet daughter. I hope that the years ahead bring so much joy and happiness and that all of your dreams come true!






1 comment:

Veronica said...

OMG!! She looks JUST like Nate in that second picture! Love hearing your birth stories!