I am always glad when parent/teacher conferences are over! WHEW! It never fails that they schedule them back to back and ALWAYS one or more of the teachers are running late. It happened again today, as expected! Got there at 1pm. The teacher still had parents in with her. So I stood there and waited. Another teacher came along and asked if I wanted to visit with her while I was waiting so I got to do one ahead of the other. Got done, and still waited! Finally got in and was running late for the next. Only to wait, and wait, and wait. Sat down with that teacher and she asks when my next one is. I tell her 2 minutes. It didn't matter, we still ran late which had me running through the school to a different hall to make my last one for the day!
But here's the deal... it all just seems to be a waste of time. I know, I know, I am a horrible mother! But I am INVOLVED in what they are doing all of the time, so why do I have to do this every semester? I go in and they tell me, "Your child is doing wonderful...." blah blah blah! ;) Okay, lest I sound horrible or braggy... I really am not! It's all in fun, but they were all doing really well, straight A's for Hyrum, Kalli, Hayden and Wyatt... comments on the report cards are, "Enjoy Hyrum so much, good boy" or "Kalli is a pleasure to have in class" or "Wyatt is a good kid, thanks for sharing him" or "Hayden is a delight to have in class".... so that's just boring! Wouldn't it be fun to just once go in and they say, "HOLY COW you have a bratty kid!!" or "I dread every morning knowing I have to see your child in class!!!" :) ;) Kidding... kidding!!!! I just think it would be fun!!! ;) I remember reading a little story when I was a teenager and figured I would be the mom of one of those children.... It was about a little kindergartener who came home everyday telling his mom abou this horrible little boy named Charlie. He would come in and say, "Oh, today Charlie cut somebody's hair." Or, "Charlie was loud today and had to stay inside." Everyday it was a new report about how bad Charlie was. So when parent/teacher conference came along, the mom was really anxious to ask about Charlie and comment on the fact that Charlie was constantly disrupting the class. She started talking to the teacher about Charlie, but the teacher said, "We don't have anybody by the name of Charlie in our class!" :) Yep, her little boy was the bad one!!! So I have always waited to see if I would have a little Charlie! Though I shouldn't joke, because I still have a couple that aren't in school yet!
But seriously.... I am glad that they are all doing great, and I am glad that their teachers like them. And I am glad they are over! Tomorrow I need to get in to visit with the middle school teachers for Kinzee and Willie and then I am done for now! Middle school is a pain because the teachers are set up around the gym and you have to go from teacher to teacher and hope the wait is not too long! We should only have to see a dozen teachers!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment