I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, October 10, 2008

My Family...

They say that blood is thicker than water. My dad used to say that you were very lucky if you have one true friend in your lifetime. I have been very blessed to have many, many true friends. And while blood may be thicker than water, we have been blessed to have some amazing friends that would do anything for us. Friends that are more like family. Maybe sometimes better than family! ;)

But I love watching my family function. I love watching the way they surround each other with love and concern and rally to take care of any that are struggling. I had to laugh when a kid that Kimi had dated was heard to be talking bad about her. Jace and Garrett weren't taking it sitting down and they let him know it better not happen again. My boys have worked together and make a great team. The girls too. The last time Kalli got her shots, she was sitting down yelling that she needed to go to the bathroom, she said, "Me leg, me leg, me can't move me leg!" And Jace came running... picked up her and carried her to the door of the bathroom. Willie used to stand at the top of the stairs before he could walk and yell, "JACE... GARRETT" and they would run and pick him up. I finally had to tell them to stop until he walked so Jace told him one day, "Hey buddy, mom is mean and won't let me pick you up until you walk, so walk buddy, okay?" And he DID!

But it amazes me as they get older and develop deep, adult relationships. It makes my heart so full to see them rally around each other and help each other succeed in life. I love watching them become great men and women. Not perfect... but great! Recently Garrett has taken Tanner under his wing and the difference it has made in both of their lives in incredible and amazing. I love watching them help each other.... lift them to higher levels than they could reach without the other. I love to see the literal meaning of "Families are Forever" because that is what they are working towards. There are friends that are like family, and that is important. But when family is working together to accomplish great things in life, there is absolutely NOTHING more amazing! I see them as friends, enjoying being together, taking care of each other... that is the dream I had when Thayne and I first started having our family. I watch them plan the future and I am so grateful to be the mom of such truly amazing human beings! There is nothing greater than this!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

This is what I admire most about your family Kim and what pray my own family will achieve as they grow. Thank you for your inspiration!