I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Bummy....

This day has been talked about for a year now! Bummy's birthday! He's 6. He turned 5 without his mom with him last year, and without bragging... I happen to be his favorite person in the world. I know this, because he tells everyone all of the time. But a year ago was his birthday and it happened to be one of the darkest days of our life! We had just been flown to Primary Children's with Nate and Bummy aka Hyrum also turned 5 that day. Katie stepped in and had him a party, but he told us on the phone that the only thing he wanted was to have his mom home! So we decided that we would have something special for him today. It was a crazy day with Tiffany's bridal shower and lots of running.... and Thayne managed to make him believe that we were going to have his 'party' tomorrow after church. He wanted cheese cake so I had the cheese cake made and tonight Thayne and I asked Hyrum to come with us to the grocery store. While we were gone, Katie and her kids, and Caitlyn and her sister Jenna came over and when we got home everyone yelled surprise! He got two huge Tonka trucks and a cowboy outfit and some nerf guns and cookies from Katie with the promise of making cookies with her (it's one of the kids' favorite things to do, Katie makes some seriously good cookies!) and some clothes and he has decided that since he got to hang out with mom it was the best birthday ever and it made up for last year! It's hard to believe he is 6!!! He makes us laugh constantly. For some reason he has decided that he has a big head, and cute ears! Okay... his ears ARE really cute, but he tells us sometimes that it's a good thing his head fits... he helped Thayne change oil in the car one day and told him that his head would fit under the Tahoe, but not under the car! The other day he was taking a shower in our room when Jace went into our bathroom to get some Q-Tips. Jace said he asked, "Who is in the shower?" Hyrum said, "Meeee..." Jace asked, "Who's me?" He said, "Bummyyyyyy... you know, the one with the big head... and cute ears!" Jace thought it was the funniest thing! He always makes me smile! I love it when he wears his footed pajamas and I have told him that they are my cuddle jammies, so he loves to put them on and come running to me for cuddles!

Happy Birthday my sweet mama's boy! I am so grateful that you tell me daily that even when you are 65 you will be my mama's boy! It's so nice to know that Bummy thinks I am perfect, even though we all know I am not... he believes it so it must be so! I'll enjoy it while it lasts!





And I told Jenna I would blog about her! She's Caitlyn's little sister but we claim her too... she comes for all of the family stuff! Bummy has been known to have a little tiny crush on her but it's all good, she's just too cute!


5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Great pictures Kim! He's so cute!

5moonbeams4us said...

He is adorable! Mind saving him for my just turned 6 year old daughter? She wants to have 20 kids (WOW!) at least that is what she tells me so she would be great. Mine is my momma's girl and I love how she thinks I can do no wrong.

Living My Dream said...

Should we seal the deal now, while they can't argue the point?? I think arranged marriages sound wonderful!!! :)

5moonbeams4us said...

Sounds perfect! Her name is Katelyn and she just turned 6.She has blonde hair and brown eyes, plays the piano, dances, loves life and loves me as her momma (LOL, not trying to sell her or anything). Maybe we should let them meet, but he is adorable!!!! Arranged marriages in this case sound great, I just wish it would work out....LOL

Veronica said...

Do little boys come any cuter than that??!! Happy birthday Bummy! And Kim, good luck with the wedding stuff. Can't wait to see pics!