A whirl wind trip over the Utah and back today for Jace's appointment with the surgeons and to see the people from the burn unit to assess for skin grafts. The dressing change was much easier this time thanks to the sweet wound vac nurse! She injected lidocaine into the sponge and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes so this time, the worst of it was pulling off the tape. I'm not even going to say how upset that makes me when I know darn good and well that they have adhesive remover because I have it from when Nate had his feeding tube. I used it on Jace to removed tape stuck to his stitches and it was a breeze to get off. So WHY won't they do it in the clinic? I sure don't know!
They told us the wound looks AMAZING! Really? Amazing? Is that what they call it? Whatever! They said to come back on Thursday and hopefullly things will have healed well enough to go forward with the skin grafts on Friday morning. We all want that so much! So anyone willing... please pray that Jace's leg heals as well as it has been and that it will be ready to receive and accept the skin grafts!
There is no sign of infection and he is doing really well. He walked a lot more than he normally does and was exhausted but went about 8 hours without pain meds. It really was too long, but he handled things really well and we are praying that we continue to see such a wonderful improvement!
No comments:
Post a Comment