I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Just do it!!

I joked yesterday that I need to put my Nike shirt on that says, "JUST DO IT!" Because I need to just get up and do all that needs to be done. Sadly... I can't get motivated! Well... that's not really true. I am motivated. It's just that everything is such a mess I don't know where to start. Or I know what needs to be done, but between Nate thinking he wants to help me with everything and Jace and his stuff all over the living room... I just can't get things done.

Last week Thayne spent his unexpected week off painting, pulling up old carpet, doing new trim and preparing for the new carpet. The carpet is gorgeous, I love my newly painted bedroom. One wall is a deep chocolate brown, or as Thayne told the girls, "It looks like really yummy chocolate pudding!" :) It turned out absolutely perfect, with the brown comforter and red accent pillows, and brown and red sheer curtains. Now I don't know what to do with the walls. The stuff I had on the wall is about 13 years old and quite frankly, I am bored with it! We completely changed out the trim throught out the entire house and now it needs to be painted. There is just so much to do to finish the house. And we don't have any time right now to just concentrate on it. This week will be another trip to Utah, and then Easter weekend and more trips to Utah and then going to San Diego next weekend. WHEN is this mess going to get done??? I've at least kept up on laundry and got all of it folded yesterday... it's the putting it all back together that has me down!

I need some serious motivation!!! Or everyone out of the house for 2 days and some alone time to get my head together and figure out what needs to be done!

3 comments:

talitha said...

You have to stop...I am now getting major urges to hop on a plane and go and help!!

Stupid money. Stupid life getting in the way. Stupid grown up stuff.

I wanna play!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I *SO* know what you're talking about!! I wish we could just put life on pause while we take care of things that need to get done!! Good luck, Kim!

Melissa said...

Ugh, I feel the same way about Rick's office in the basement. We moved a bunch of stuff down there with the intention of organizing it all, but then we never finished. Now all our weekends are book with wrestling tournaments and birthdays and out of state trips and I have no idea when we'll have time to finish it all. I feel your pain!

Melissa :)