I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kinderfair!

What a heart wrenching, yet oh so exciting moment tonight to watch my sweet Kami walk away with a bunch of other little 4 and 5 year old kids to see the classrooms they would be going to this fall. She is so excited to go to school and so many of her little friends will be going with her. She got to go to class and cut out and paste together an apple. She got a new t-shirt and given a goodie pack of fun things like books, coloring books and a packet of things to work on this summer. She's so tiny, but oh so ready to be off to school. I can't believe we have done this 13 times before but it never gets easier, just maybe more exciting because we know and understand a little more how quickly things will change and how much they will grow in the next year! She thinks she is growing up... I'm not so sure I am ready for it. She wants to be like her big sisters so badly that she thinks she is much older than she is! This is the night she has been waiting for and she is so excited. She was showing me all of the things in her bag and I told her how fun, and that I was jealous that she got so much cool stuff. She told me, "Well, when you get to start kindergarten you might get cool stuff too!!!" :) My baby girl is growing up!!!

1 comment:

PapillionMom said...

OH NO! I can't believe it's time for her to start kindergarten already. I remember back on the old bbc when you got pg with her. Awww...