I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thank you Thayne

Today was one of those days... I was exhausted when I got up after having spent most of the night with Nathaniel crying or kicking me, so sleep was elusive last night anyway. I had to take Wyatt in to have his arm x-rayed because he crashed on his bike yesterday. Thankfully it was only a sprain... I have been throwing an idea around in my mind... I think I am going to Velcro my children to the wall... Kinzee stepped on a nail and sliced her foot open., Tallin split one thumb open and put a nail through the other thumb, Nate has been throwing up and I think it is starting to go around including Jace being sick, and now the arm. If I Velcro them to the wall they can just 'hang around' and not go anywhere to get sick, or do anything that causes accidents... yep, that sounds like a plan. I also spent an excruciating hour changing Jace's dressings on both the donor site and the incision where they grafted. It was horrible. I can't describe the knot in my stomach as I went through the process of peeling the horrible tape and taking off the dressing. I think we have gotten through the worst of it. From now on he shouldn't be in so much pain as we change it... but I am tired, beyond tired... completely exhausted, in mind and body! And as I pulled down into the drive way, the delivery man from the flower shop was there with a dozen long stemmed red roses! FOR ME! With a note that said, "You're Amazing!" That's it, that's all... just 2 words that made the sun shine on my lone and dreary world. It made it all seem worth it. So thank you Thayne, for taking the time today to send me a note, and beautiful roses that made me smile!

2 comments:

Sandra and Rob said...

I have to agree with Thayne you are amazing. How do you do it all?

Anonymous said...

He's right, you know!