A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Part 1 of the spontaneous trip... girls car rocks!
Wednesday when Thayne made his daily call to say hi and check on how my day was going, I threw out to him an idea of just picking up and going over to Utah to go through the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. We had promised the kids that we would take them over and I asked if he wanted to think about it. I told him that the kids had pooled their money and were trying to convince us that they had saved money for Lagoon on Friday. The kids have been taking care of the neighbors horses and shoveling manure and everything for summer fun money. I am actually really proud of them because the neighbors told us that they are really hard, hard workers. The kids told them that they didn't need to pay them because he had been hurt in an accident and lost a finger and the use of his right hand, but they insisted that they were paying them, and even gave Kami and Kalli a couple of dollars for helping. The little ones were so excited to 'contribute' their dollars to the 'Lagoon' fund! :) I told Thayne that we could make it work (we are going to Utah for the 4th and knew that things would be tight this week, but I knew how bad the kids wanted to go and how hard they had worked to do it!). The big van needs some work so we had to take the Excursion and the car. The car was the girl car and Kailee went right to work burning us some serious 80's music to rock to on our way. And boy can these girls rock! We sang and laughed and they waved at all of the truck drivers and put the sign in the window....and got lots of 'honks' even if Kassi can't you're! We had sooooo much fun! I swear my girls should have been born in the 80's!
As you will notice... they are constantly making faces! I see it in almost every picture of every teenage girl these days. So I know it must be the 'in' thing to do! :) Here's Kinzee and Kalli making the face!
Here's Kassi with the window down, wind blowing her hair, music loud and we're half way there, living on a prayer!!!!!
Kailee in the front seat with me, running the music, and she likes it LOUD!
Kassi and Kalli jamming to some REO... speeding across the desert!
Kalli thinks she is a teenager already and knows the words to every song that came on....
Kalli and Kassi waiting to start the trip... so excited! But not sure if they are more excited about the loud, rocking 80's music or Lagoon! :) It's pretty equal in their eyes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment