There are some days in life that you want to demand a 'do-over'... Really it should be allowed once in a while. I am not sure if I am mad, hurt, hysterical, crazy or some of everything!
The day started out great. Kailee was supposed to go to the temple with the young women from church ages 16 to 18. She is kind of picky about who she rides with but I had been wanting to go over too, so this was the perfect reason to go. We have a wonderful time, peace for 2 hours without the worries of the world is something close to heaven. Sadly, we have to leave heaven and come home!!! :)
We were 140 miles from home, making pretty decent time despite the horrible rain and wind when Thayne calls. He sounds really happy, cheerful even, asking about my day. I happen to know he is dealing with a very stressful MSHA inspection and that they were up to their ears in stuff, so it was easy to figure out that something was wrong! :) (I am a mom, that's what mom's do!!!) He tells me, "Well.... don't stress... I didn't want you to call home and the kids blab something to you that would make you over react." Oh boy, that's bodes well with our history! So I tell him he better just spit it out! It seems the neighbor boy had thrown a rock, it hit Bummy on his head and there was a deep gash... not big, just very deep (as in they could see the skull), so he proceeded to tell me that Jace was headed into the clinic and that he would try to wrap things up and get to town. That made me laugh... because again, he is dealing with a big inspection. Of course we ended up following semi trucks up the mountain pass with only 1 lane open. I could write a whole other post on how obnoxious it is to travel back and forth many times in the last few months and there is NEVER a soul in sight working... I mean NEVER have we actually see road construction, just the orange cones with signs telling us that they double the fine in a work zone. Maybe that is their strategy for stimulating the economy... the police sit around waiting for the poor sucker that speeds through the so called work zone that they haven't worked on in months... maybe longer than that! Despite all of that.... we made it home in good time to find Bummy stitched up and drinking the soda pop Jace bought him as a bribe.
I also found out that my gut feelings were right on and that for months I had thieves working at the video store. Kids that I not only gave a chance to work at the most simple job on earth, but they are close enough to me that I am having a hard time believing that they would actually do that to me. It just came out late last night when the girls found out facts enough that they couldn't be denied and I am at a loss as to how to proceed with the whole issue! I had some pretty strong feelings that it had happened but I kept trying to convince myself that it wasn't possible. We, as a family even put money from our pockets into the deposit amount because I felt so responsible for letting them work there. Then I found out it even got worse. I admit, this is a struggle to get past... we will, but I was really upset over it. And it got better... because we found out that the one kid would drive out from town, go in the video store and the other kid working would let him 'borrow' money, and they thought they could use 'clerk error' to fix it... only problem. I could still see that we were missing money! The mom plans on bringing the one kid out here tomorow to figure out what to do to fix what he did. I doubt the other kid will even have to acknowledge his part in it! But at least some of the questions were answered because it was making me crazy wondering why the money didn't work. It's been fine for months since they have both been gone... so that at least is good! But sad still!
So... I want a do-over! Oh, yeah, I guess that's what tomorrow is for... except it isn't going to be any better since we are going to a funeral. Kassi's best friend lost her dad to an unexpected heart attack! But we can hope for better things! lol
No comments:
Post a Comment