I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tallin Scott

My wonderful Tallin Scott turned 18 years old today. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. Tallin is such a wonderful, amazing young man. From the moment we knew we were going to have him, I have felt such a strong feeling of love for him... from the moment I saw him, eyes wide open as he was being born as if he didn't want to miss a minute of life going on around him, he has had my heart! I always have said that with each child I grew a new heart, and my life is better because he is my son. He was sunny side up when he was born, with eyes wide open and the most content, sweet spirit about him that there was almost a feeling of reverence in the room at his birth. He was 9lb, 9oz, 22 1/2 inches of perfection who was content to let his brothers pack him in their Tonka trucks and make forts with him under their bed. He always seems to be willing to hang in the background and sometimes we have to make a conscious effort to bring him out of the background.... he's more willing to hang back while others make the waves! I look forward to watching what the next several months bring for him as he prepares to serve a mission and further his education. He is so much fun, has the greatest sense of humor, draws beautifully and is such a wonderful addition to our family! We love you so much Tallin..... hope this year is one of the greatest yet for you!

1 comment:

tammyandvincent said...

Tell him Happy Birthday from us.