I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, January 11, 2010

Meeting Gabe....

Gabe was finally busted out of the hospital yesterday after having to spend an extra day under the lights for jaundice. They came out for dinner and to celebrate Hyrum's birthday and to let the kids meet Gabe! I have to say watching these kids with a baby just makes my heart swell up to bursting. The second they heard Garrett at the door they were all right there waiting for him to get in and to get their first view of Gabe! There were a dozen people circled around the car seat with Jace saying that he gets first dibs! Garrett agreed that Jace gets first dibs with Gabe... guess he owes him or something! ;) It was so cute to see Jace with Gabe. I am always amazed at the love these kids have for each other... and the nephew was no different. In fact before Jace left to take Caitlyn home he got this wicked look on his face and a wicked laugh and pretty much told Garrett he had lots to worry about because Gabe was going to be his buddy! If he is even half as good to Gabe as he is to Nate, Garrett is going to be sorry!!! hahahaha The kids were in awe... they already adore this new addition and there will likely be a great competition to see who wiill get the favorite 'aunt' status! The miracle of life humbles me, and leaves me in awe. And it humbles me to see the love that these kids have for one another, and for life itself! It was so fun to have Garrett, Tiffany and Gabe here... it is going to be so fun to have this new little boy in our life! I can see that Nate and I will be sneaking into town a whole lot to hold a sweet little man!

Sweet baby Gabe....it's so hard to believe that Garrett is a daddy! What a wonderful thing! Tiffany is the best mom.... it's funny that I remember as if it were yesterday when I first held Garrett in my arms... and now here he is, a dad!




Grandpa went shopping for Gabe because he heard that he didn't have very many newborn sized clothes.... this is one of the many that grandpa bought!


Kimi is telling Gabe that she will be the favorite aunt and will spoil him rotten.... but his other aunts will have something to say about that!!!
We are so very grateful to welcome Gabriel to our family. It is such a blessing to watch our family grow! Thank you Tiffany for being the wonderful woman that you are and that you honor motherhood the way you do. You are so amazing to us!




He has the best lips... just makes you want to hug and squeeze him!
What a gorgeous face!!!

We are just so excited about the baby!
Aunt Kami.....
Aunt Kinzee...... awwwwwwwwwwww.... she loves this baby!
Uncle Hyrum.... what a great uncle he will be!!!
Willie loving his new status of 'uncle'....

Every camera and cell phone out and taking pictures of the newest addition!
Aunt Kailee and Kimi loving on Gabe....

Caitlyn loving on Gabe.... and all of the cell phones taking pictures!
Jace wanted first dibs on the baby! He is so cute with Nate and Gabe... if he spoils Gabe even half as much as he does Nate this is going to be one spoiled baby!
These pictures just melt my heart.... I can't believe that Jace and Caitlyn will be starting a family of their own.... it just amazes me!
A glimpse of the future....
Uncle Nate loving on his nephew!
Tiffany couldn't wait for Nate to meet Gabe... Nate was so so so excited to meet him, it was just so sweet!
This is the second they walked in the door... every cell phone and camera in the house was out and snapping pictures!

4 comments:

jhjohnstone said...

How sweet! I just LOVE your family!

Veronica said...

LOL- Devon has that exact same football sleeper! So cozy. Gabe is just b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!!

Veronica said...

I am a dork. I spelled my own child's name wrong! Devin :)

ashamom said...

That whole post made me cry ( so touching!!) and laugh ( all those cameras, so 21 century!)
Congratulations!!! You are living the next stage of your dream!!! I am so happy for you, I hope to be there ( grandkids) one day!!!

Gabe is just gorgeous!! A perfect baby boy!