And.... finally.... these pictures are approved to post by my sweet husband who gave me permission! He had to check them out for me! :)
A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Another trip to the mine...
Caitlyn was back in town to go to the Bridal Fair and we had decided that after we would go out to the mine since she hasn't been underground either. Shalum and Candice decided to go too so that Candice could see where Shalum worked too. Shalum works for a contractor at the mine. My dad was working too so it was fun to have him drive Shalum and Candice around while Tanner, Jace, Caitlyn and I went with Thayne. It's always amazing to see the mine and the changes that occur everytime I go out, and it's fun to see somebody see it, and experience it for the first time. The mine is growing and more gold is being found and that is a good thing all the way around... the more gold, the longer the mine life, and that means work!!!
Jace and Caitlyn... ready to go underground??? Or is this their new engagement picture???
It took two people to put Candice together for her trip underground!
Jace ready to go....
Helping Caitlyn get ready to go....
Shalum and Candice....
Caitlyn, Jace, Shalum, Candice and Tanner waiting for the cage to take us about 1750 ft underground....
The shop... it's huge. Thayne says as big and fancy as it is, people still complain... sheesh! =)
Just to put into perspective how huge the trucks are that they run underground.... Thayne walking next to one of the haul trucks!
Checking out the shop....

More of the shop...




Checking out the refuge chambers... grateful they are there but would sure hate to have to be locked inside! Shalum told Caitlyn and Candice not to worry, there was even a place to use the bathroom in there.... that wasn't a plus to them!
CAITLYN.....
My dad! It was fun hanging out with him underground. He is such a good man and I love him so much. He told me he was getting old. I told him I thought the perfect world would be that we all got to stop aging at a certain age so we could enjoy our kids growing up but so we didn't have to get old and tired! I love him and am so grateful for all that he has taught and given me and my family. He has worked hard, harder than almost any man I know to provide for our family. His glory days were really glorious but he is still amazing!!!
My dad and baby brother!
Jace in the back of the kabota!
Checking out where they are making the contractors shop...


Jace... why the pose??? :)
Shalum was trying to see if his guys were getting ready to blast... sadly we missed both that happened that day!
I want to point out the sweat on their faces in these picture... can I say it was hotter than you know where at this particular place in the mine! Notice the coats also? That's because other places in the mine are down right frigid. I guess you could say that being underground could give you a glimpe of what hell could be like... frigid to those that like the heat, and hotter than heck to those that like it cool!!! =)
Dad and Tanner....
Where the dynomite is stored... I always laugh because there is a sign saying "Explosives... no smoking allowed!" Because well you know... people have to be told??? They are high tech though, and have cameras watching and not everybody is allowed into the area. There is a big steel gate to keep the explosives safely away from the crazies... I mean IF there were crazies working underground which I am sure there are NOT! :)
And.... finally.... these pictures are approved to post by my sweet husband who gave me permission! He had to check them out for me! :)
And.... finally.... these pictures are approved to post by my sweet husband who gave me permission! He had to check them out for me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Kim, coming out of blog stalker world to ask...what do they mine? Such cool pictures.
Traci
Post a Comment