I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I like to shop... for food storage!

I am addicted... I know it, and I can't help myself. I shop. But my passion for shopping isn't for a designer pair of jeans or bag, nope, I can do with out the new pair of shoes... but show me a really fantastic ad in the paper that week and I will show you a happy ME! This week, 2 of the stores had things that were making me very happy! One had sweet 10 for $10.... things that I would be saving a lot of money on... and so I filled up one shopping cart and thankfully Kailee showed up and get me another cart. We saved so much they needed the key again to open the cash drawer! It was well over $200! And then went and hit another case lot sale to grab more sugar and rice and a few other things. We are working so hard to have absolutely everything we need for our short term, 3 months food supply. It seems like we get it built up and then end up using it for some reason... I am working on getting some things that would make this much more easy if we had to completely live on it. Right now we have several different places for our storage which really stresses Hayden out wondering what we will do if we can't get to it. I laughed and told him we could sit down and go over our game plan! I wish, and hope for a huge storage room one day but even though we have planned it, that plan hasn't come together yet... but I will have faith! For now we have the downstairs laundry/storage room, the upstairs laundry/utility room, the upstairs closet and the cupboards...

I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening cleaning the downstairs laundry/storage room. Reorganized and stored much more effectively and now there will be an individual day of the week to wash.. and only then... yes I am going to be a 'mean mom' and make them follow the laundry rule because well...the laundry in this house is ridiculous and when we let it get out of control then it becomes a monster of sorts. No clothes left on the floor there and every basket will have their names on it. The laundry room down stairs is a food storage room... it looks good, if I do say so myself after working so hard I had sweat dripping off me! Oh yes, I love shopping! It feels good to see the storage grow!

Some of the goodies I managed to get!





This is my best buy... thanks for a friend who snagged a bunch of coupons we managed to get 50 cases of veggies and they OWED us 4 cents a case. The poor cashier was stressed that she owed money for these! Yep, great deal!!!

3 comments:

Lara said...

I love your food storage posts, they are so encouraging. I often get overwhelmed thinking I have so many people to build up a food storage for. I love to see you working so hard on yours, it give me hope that if you can do it for your all your kids, I can do it for my 9!! Thank you - again!!

life and times on the rockin r ranch said...

just dont forget the ammo to protect that food storage. i have heard a couple of people say " i dont need food storage. i know you have it, and i have a gun. i will kill you for it." and they meant it. so i will be stocking up on ammo. not a very happy thought, but it is reality.

Living My Dream said...

That's disgusting...I mean we have guns and ammo but I look at the food storage as more for times when we are struggling with money... like when we have a lot of medical bills...