I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Letters TO home...

Today was payday as far as letters go...
Letters for everyone! Yay!
So exciting!!! The kids were so excited that Tallin
wrote letters to all of them.
I saw Kalli walk out of the room after reading her letter
with it pressed to her heart!
So sweet!
They were smiling like they had won the lottery or something!
He is so happy!!!
Doing so well.
He loves the MTC, loves learning, loves studying
and it sounds like he has made great friends already.
He is learning the language and the discussions well
and while his companions have gained 10 lbs he has only gained 1...
He could stand to gain 10 though and has plenty of room to grow into his pants
though he tells us he will be wearing a 'skirt' when he gets to Fiji!
His brothers think that is funny but he proved his 'manhood'
because he will get to carry a machete and drive a jeep!
I am not sure that particular piece of information
was very comforting! ha!
Emails at the MTC are family only
and he only gets 30 minutes but he loves letters!
dearelder.com is awesome and will deliver it for free.
His MTC mailbox is #89
FIJ-SUV mission...
He seems great at writing letters so I am sure you would get a letter back!
I love hearing from him.
I was missing him today...a lot!
And then we get the letters and it lifted my heart and made me smile
because I know that he is so happy and so eager to be doing this.
2 1/2 weeks down...
less than 23 months to go!
See how easy that is!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Kim,
I have followed your family for some time now. I visited Babycenter back 10 years ago when I was pregnant and first had my son Daniel. You have been a silent inspiration to me. You see, my family and I were just baptized into the Church on August 28th. We struggled for a year trying to decide whether the Church was true, and we all gained a testimony that it is true. We are just starting our journey that hopefully will lead us to being an eternal family. May God continue to bless you and your lovely family.

Dawn in Arkansas