I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh the things we see... In Vegas


Where are we again??? Oh, Vegas. Really... who needs to travel the world when you can just go to Vegas? Around the world just by walking around the strip. I admit though that Vegas is not my favorite place. Well... not even close (let me rephrase that... I am sure that everywhere else in Vegas is wonderful, I hate the strip!). Maybe it is because we don't gamble? That the smoke makes us both sick (yes, we went with some allergy issues and both came home really sick, enough that we had to go to the doctor!) But you have to admit you can see just about everything there... even some things you had no desire to ever see. But the Statue of Liberty was one of my favorites. It's too bad it is so hot during the day because going out during the day is the best way. The crazy people seemed to come out as the sun went down. Mostly we just loved hanging out together with nothing really needing to be done. We could walk and talk and hang out together and that is a little bit of heaven even in the city of sin!!!

View from our room...
The view from our room of the volcano going off the last night we were in Vegas.



Love this... in the middle of all of the madness there are things of absolute beauty. As I stood watching the beautiful creatures in the aquarium a woman from England started talking to me about the beauty of it all. She said it just made her feel happy. I had to agree that right there, at that moment it was truly a thing of beauty and it did make me feel happy. I wished I could have taken her to the temple and let her feel the peace and see the beauty of being there. As she talked I could feel that she was really searching for something... wanting to see something that makes what she is doing worthwhile, wanting to know that there is peace out there and that she can somehow grab on and hold it. It made me feel happy to see her joy!










More of the volcano...


Yep, you can see just about anything on the strip... incuding snakes of the real kind! Ick!!! There was also a guy boxing with a parrot but a lady came up screaming at him to stop hitting at the bird... which makes you wonder what was wrong with the lady because it was obvious the bird was trained... and the guy totally lost it when another lady tried to take pictures of the birds. Go figure!




No comments: