I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Peaches, Peaches, Peaches

We were running dangerously low on the freezer peach jam that poor Hayden is obsessed with each morning with his toast and I knew that I was going to have to do something about it soon. I tried all week to get it done but got side tracked several times. So finally Thursday Thayne and I ran over and picked up a couple of boxes of them. Friday I did manage to get a bunch of jam made. And then decided to just bottle the rest tonight which isn't exactly easier or less time consuming. It was just a matter of doing it! I made regular cooked jam this time but Thayne says it is the best yet and that he think Hayden is going to love it... Hayden fell asleep long before we dedided to try it for a bed time snack. I guess the FREEZING father/son camp out last night took too much out of him but I can't wait to hear how he likes it in the morning. We are going to do some strawberry/peach jam next. Well, and Caitlyn and I are going to make some strawberry jam for Jace too. But that is going to have to wait because nothing is going to get accomplished this next week! But it is so fun to see all of those bottles of 'peachy' stuff! They were so yummy it was hard not to just eat them all... though we did eat our fair share!

No comments: