I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wyatt Thayne

I can't believe it has been 12 years since my sweet Wyatt Thayne was born. 12 years!!! The little man that his dad heard crying every night for a week before I ever even conceived him... I had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with him and his dad decided that maybe we were done. I told him it was up to him but I knew we had at least another girl left. For a week he would wake me up asking me if the baby was alright. I don't sleep through my babies crying and told him that Willie was asleep. Finally after a week of it I told him to deal with that baby himself and not to wake me up again! He told me that we had another baby to come but it was a boy. Sure enough, 9 months later this amazing young man joined our family. I think back to the day he was born... he was in respiratory distress and developed pneumonia. They took me to the nursery to see him and he was so sick. I remember Dr S saying that it was like he was running a marathon and it was literally going to kill him if we didn't do something so life flight was called. Dr S and Thayne gave him a priesthood blessing. I just kept praying that he would be healed. Thayne went with him as he was taken to a bigger hospital and by the time he got there he had improved so much that they were able to let him breathe on his own. It was so hard being stuck in the hospital an hour and a half away from him. He had to stay long enough to go through a treatment of antibiotics but was released healthy and happy....we literally picked him up from the hospital and headed home only to be going through the road construction and a guy who was on drugs hit us. We waited for a couple of hours on the side of the freeway waiting for police to be able to get there and as we drove away FINALLY we watched the crazy boy be arrested! But after his rocky start we got home safely and he has been such a blessing to our home. He has the softest heart... so compassionate and so kind. He has such beautiful eyes that can see into your soul. When he was little he always worried when his dad and I left so one day I took his little face in my hands and told him that no matter what, he was ours forever clear to eternity. After that he never had a problem! He is such a good brother... he loves his family and is always so willing to help out and take care of everyone. He has the funnest personality and loves to tease and joke (just like his dad... it seemed appropriate that he is named after him!). He has blessed our family in so many ways and I feel so thankful to be his mom!

Happy Birthday my sweet boy... thank you for being such an amazing young man. Thank you for being so excited about turning 12 and for being so excited to receive the Aaronic Priesthood. Thank you for your example and your friendship and your love... you are SO AMAZING!!! Love you Wyatt Thayne!
12 years old!!!
Kinzee, Wyatt and Willie
Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you....
Willie and Kailee singing to Wyatt....
He huffed and puffed... and blew them all out!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt! May God bless you!!