I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Twin Falls Temple

I love going to the temple~
There is something really amazing about
sitting inside a temple.
Like the craziness of the world
ceases to exist and for a moment I forget
all of the things that weigh my mind down.
Yesterday was that kind of day.
A friend, Sue, and I rode over together
to the Twin Falls Temple.
To be there while another friend went through the temple
for the first time.
It was wonderful.
As I sat down, in the beautiful setting,
And felt the peace that comes because you are in a place
that represents everything wonderful,
everything eternal...
I felt every worry drain from me.
I felt exhausted and exhilarated all at the same time.
It is one of the few times in my life that I can forget my cares
and feel the spirit of the Lord fully in my life.
I find answers.
I find peace.
I find reason to keep moving forward.
I am reminded of what matters most.
And why it matters.
I feel assured that as I continue to try to do the right things,
the blessings will come and the insight will come...
And I will have the strength to do whatever must be done...
to choose good over bad,
to know right from wrong.
To remember that while I will make mistakes,
I can be forgiven and move on.
And I look forward to the day when I can sit there,
with my entire family
Rejoicing in the knowlede that families are supposed to be forever.
And that we can be just that!
A forever family!
Nothing in this life matters so much as living the best life we can,
trying as hard as we can,
to make good choices so that we can live worthy of the blessings
that come from the temple of God.
I love to see the temple.
I love to be inside the temple.
I love the peace that comes
from being there.
And I was so grateful to be able to spend the day there
yesterday.
Watching the faces of those that were going through the first time.
They joy, the happiness it brings.
The peace.
The temple...
Where I always want to be!

No comments: