Well... it's not completely bad, it's actually improving. But I am still bummed because it looks like Nate won't be getting his PICC line out tomorrow at the doctor appointment at Primary's. I had to take him in to his pediatrition to get some medicine for his horrible bum rash. This is the first time I have seen her since before Nate was sent to Primary's. That was an interesting visit and I felt so bad for her. She was so upset over what happened. The bad thing is that she had no idea I had called the Friday before he was flown out. She told me she always treats him when we feel he needs it and she didn't know the nurse just told me to take him to the hospital if I thought he needed to, that she was leaving. She wasn't very happy about it. She asked a couple of times if he had aspirated. I told her that they told me the pattern wasn't consistant with aspiration and that it was strep pneumonia. She was shocked that the other doctor that has been seeing him even took him on as a patient, that it isn't like that doctor at all and she couldn't apologize enough about what happened.
She also isn't happy about the amount of blood the home health nurse has been taking. I told her about our experience with that and she is going to make sure by next week they will have the proper vials that they need to take the tiniest amount of blood needed and that it might be why he is showing up slightly anemic... because the home health nurse is taking too much! Gee, that's nice to know! This whole experience has been frustrating beyond belief and I am a little bit bummed to know that we are going over there for them to tell us that he won't be getting it out anyway. It is absolutely better that he have it... I just wish there wasn't a need for it at all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment