I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just wondering...

Why is it that to some people the road is longer one way than it is another? How does that work? I can drive into town at least once a day and it always takes the same amount of time driving in, as it does to drive back home. However for some people, they can't possibly come out my way because apparently the road is much longer for them coming this way. And if they do make it this way, they watch the clock, worry and complain about the oh so long trip out here and it's apparent they wonder how quickly they can leave for that horrible trip back to their home! I'm pretty sure 12 miles is 12 miles no matter if you are going North, South, East or West!

Oh well... just one of those things I wonder about!

3 comments:

Jena9286 said...

That's a good question. But I always wonder why it seems longer to get somewhere than it does to get home, when again it is the same distance both ways.

elsies7gifts said...

I have wondered this about our house for years. I finally stopped going to some peoples houses, as I was tired of it being a 'one way steet'. I do know we live about the furthest out of any of our friends, and that, yes we do sometimes 'drive by' their areas, but it can get irritating.

Anne/kq said...

For me, the road home is always much longer because the excitement of visiting a friend is not there any more and all I have to look forward to is my messy, stuffy apartment!