I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, August 8, 2008

It's Friday... isn't it???

Yep... I can tell it's date night. You ask how I can tell??? Well... it's because I am ready to rip my hair out by the roots if one more child cries, screams, shows me a bloody body part or complains about somebody for something they might have done, real or imagined!!!

Yes, it's date night!!! Well, it will be in 5 hours and 16 minutes! It's Friday, in August, 10 days before school starts. It's hot and muggy and I have miserable children bickering over silly things and I am ready to get off and go put them all to work! Yep... work will cleanse their souls, I am sure of it. I'll bet when I have them scrubbing walls and cleaning cupboards they will suddenly think of a million things they could be doing. I have been pooped on (thank you Nate, so glad things are working but um... did you have to completely drench me???), complained to, cried on, and thrown up on today, and it isn't even lunch time! Thayne called around 5:30am to tell me he left his phone on the foot of our bed and could I please get it into town for him. He is doing a job fair. The old company he worked for suddenly shut their doors and there are a bunch of miners out of work. He is supposed to hire 20 to 30 immediately so he is working today instead of being home enjoying the children (so to speak... he would have them working too if he could hear them!!!) So, I ran the phone to town... taking two grumpy boys with me. Stopped off at the video store to get it opened. Got to deal with an issue from an upset employee who called the boss and left a not so nice message... after I was going to take care of it! ACK! Visited my mom. Got home to take care of Nate's antibiotic. That's when he pooped on me. He threw up on me before I showered. I have a million things to do and no desire to do them. I get to take Nate in for a doctor appointment. Change vehicles with Jace. Have to get 2 girls into town to go on their trip to Idaho, have dinner planned and ready for the little kids. Arrange babysitting and boy oh boy... I'M GOING OUT TO DINNER AND A MOVIE!!! I can't wait.

I guess I better go make sure Willie is doing his job. He has tormented his sister long enough so he gets to scrub the bathtub and clean the bathroom. Darn the luck, he even ruined his chance to spend the night with his cousin. Poor kid. It's rough being a preteen!!! And here Wyatt was just telling me it must be so fun to be a mom!!! :) ;) WAHAHAHAHA!!!

2 comments:

talitha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
talitha said...

Sorry, my first post contained a huge spelling error that made it seem like I was swearing...

Go see Get Smart, if you haven't already...you'll laugh your heads off.

And tell Wyatt that if he keeps making crazy comments like that, you'll test him for drugs.

Fun to be a mom...what EVER.