I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

HOLY FISH SMELL BATMAN!!!

Something smelled at my house! I mean something REALLY SMELLED BAD!!!! Thayne and I went out to eat with my sister and bil and then went to a presentation the company is putting on about working in Ghana (but that isn't what the post is about!!!). While we were eating my sister was telling me about having to throw out fish that was given to them. I told her the same guy had given us fish but I didn't even know where the kids had put them since I had dozed off with Nate after he called. My sister was telling me how bad the fish smell was.

Fast forward to... NOW. Thayne and I walked into the house and I told him the house smelled bad. He agreed but figured the kids had burned something in the oven. NO!!! That was NOT the smell... but I couldn't put my finger on it. So, Kinzee walks back here and says that it smells like fish! I then remember and ask where the fish went that Terry gave us. She looks down by the utility sink and says... "Um, mom... right here!" Yes, one of the darling children had put a bag full of fish by the back sink, AND LEFT IT!!! Everyone was gagging but tough Kinzee hauled it out to the trash! OH, I feel so bad for the garbage man tomorrow when he picks up the trash!!!! ;) Oh the joys. It's going to be fun getting this smell out! EEkk! Fish, just... ICK!

3 comments:

Anne/kq said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeew.

That's nasty.

Good thing you have a brave, strong-nosed kid to take it out! If my two year old poops her diaper, my four year old often covers her nose and tells me, "Bridget's smelly diaper is making my nose hurt." LOL!

Anonymous said...

EEEEWWWW!!!!! So gross. I would've made one of my kids take it out too.

Just a smalltown girl said...

Ewwwww! At least it didn't take long for you to find it. A couple years ago we had a phantom smell in the house. I scrubbed the fridge, bleached the sinks, everything I could think of. Finally I couldn't handle it anymore and told hubby to pull out the fridge and there it was.... a nasty peice of fermented CHICKEN. EWWWWWWW

Yay for Kinzee having the stomach to take it out! I doubt any of mine would have been brave enough.