I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The best laid plans....

Have you ever had so many bad things happen that you had to stop and wonder if somebody was trying to tell you not to do what you had planned???!!! :) That's kind of what we were thinking after planning all week to go as a family wood cutting this morning! Thayne and I jumped up to run into town, get gas and groceries and then we had a day of cutting planned with the family. We even had spares coming with us. My nephew Rhett and a friend of Tallin and Rhett's, Preston was coming along to help out. We stocked up on sandwich stuff and goodies and were headed home. Right before the top of the summit the Tahoe dies. Just like that! Got to the side of the road and after a few minutes Thayne determines that it is the fuel pump. Now... I'm not sure if I mentioned this ever, but Thayne can fix just about anything, thank goodness! He keeps all of our vehicles running and saves us loads of money because so far there really isn't anything he hasn't been able to figure out how to take apart and put back together. So, he calls the auto parts store, tells them what we need, sends Tallin in to pick them up, and has Jace come and pull us home. Back up plan in motion, we will take the van to pull the trailer. Get it loaded up, head down the road where Buffy stops us with Willie and Wyatt. They had a basketball game this morning that we had just found out about so Buffy took them. It seems Wyatt was tripped and hurt his hand. After checking that out, Wyatt seemed fine and we were off again. Stopped to get gas (did I mention we just put $78 of gas in the Tahoe that is now needing a new fuel pump!) and took off again, only to have the van sputter. Drove it down the road for a few minutes and Thayne said, "We can't take this, listen to it!" Yep... I kind of thought that the FIRST time I heard it sputter! ;) He told me what was wrong, shouldn't be too much to fix, but it's not going wood cutting today! To top it off, Jace broke a shoelace! THAT more than anything should have set off the alarms!!!! Thayne finally looked at me and said, "Ya think somebody is trying to tell us not to go today?" Hmmmmmm.... MAYBE!!!

So we came home, kids unpacked the food and I took a nap!!! Definately not the day we had planned but well... I did get a nap!!! Next week when we try to go you KNOW it is going to be snowing!!!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I would agree that you were not meant to do any wood work on Saturday!! Love your blogspot!!