I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, October 5, 2008

"Crepe" Sunday

We always look forward to the first Sunday in April and October. It's General Conference which means we get to 'watch' church on tv. And have crepes. We love crepes. It's always a treat and we do have it more often than April and October. But we love it!!! Thayne makes about 4 pounds of bacon and I get the crepes going. They are amazing, with cream cheese filling and either cherry, blueberry or raspberry pie filling over the top. YUM! The kids all love it. We get to hang out together, cuddle up and enjoy the day hearing wonderful spiritual messages and enjoying the time together. We love our Crepe Sunday's and everyone looks forward to them!

We do the recipe X6 but that leaves extra for the next morning! Try it... and let me know how you like it!!!

Crepe Batter:


1 1/4 cup flour


2 TBLS Sugar


Pinch of salt


1 1/2 cup milk


3 eggs


1/2 tsp vanilla extract


2 TBLS melted margarine




Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth, about 2 minutes.




Creme Cheese Filling:


8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened


1/2 cup sour cream


2 TBLS Sugar




Mix ingredients well. Spread on crepe and roll. Add fruit on top








2 comments:

Jena9286 said...

I can't wait to try that recipe. As soon as I saw the title I thought, Mand we haven't had those in a long time. I will have to find a day to do those. Thanks Kim!

Jessica said...

Yummy! I love crepes. I will have to try them with that cream cheese filling. Thanks!