I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, October 3, 2008

Mitt

This 'political' season has been a fun time in my family. Who knew I had so many children that were actually paying attention to what is going on in society and actually have an opinion about it! :) Okay, I guess if you know me, you know they absolutely WOULD have an opinion about it. But it has been really fun and exciting to watch how much they want to be involved and actually have a part of the political action! That is the great part! I think that no matter what a person believes, they should believe it enough to do something about it! We happen to be pretty conservative and have some pretty strong opinions on things like abortion. It has really surprised me to watch Kassi become so politically charged. She has told me on many occassions that people that believe they can get rid of a baby before it ever has a chance simply for convenience sake are part of the reason she is going to go into politics! One guy told her that abortion for convenience was fine and I guess it would have been funny to be in the room with her defending the right to live. She made the comment that everyone should have a chance, after all HE did! :) I just think it is important to stand for what you believe, at all times, and in all places, and to not sway in every direction because of a lack of conviction. My kids seem to think that too!

So of course you can understand their excitement to hear that Mitt Romney was coming to town. They actually believed that he would have made an amazing president! Mitt was coming before the VP debate and Kassi informed me that we would be going!!! I accidentally scheduled her to work at the video store last night. She was teasing but she called me up and said, "You do know I will quit if you don't let me off!!!" :) I laughed and told her it wouldn't be a problem and that she could certainly have it off. Willie and Wyatt insisted on going too! They wanted to see Mitt!

He was a fantastic speaker and we were all very impressed. He was so positive and upbeat and shared some amazing stories. And I must say I am extremely impressed with him. He didn't spend any time at all bashing others. He spoke positively about what would be done, spoke positively about our country and about the flag and about our freedom and durty as American's and I don't remember on thing that bashed anybody else! After he was finished he went into the crowd to meet people. Kassi, Willie and Wyatt moved to the front and got to shake his hand. Wyatt came back and told us that he was never washing his hand again! You could see Kassi just beaming waiting to talk to him. She came up and told us the same thing, that she wasn't going to wash her hand again. She and Willie stayed down by him and then Willie asked if he could get a picture with him so Kassi took one of Mitt and Willie (and Kassi's friend jumped in too). Then we had a potluck dinner and watched the debates. All in all it was a fun night and the kids enjoyed the whole experience! I am so grateful for those that had the vision of what this country could be and fought for the right for us to believe how we choose! We are so blessed!



1 comment:

Heidi said...

Lucky!!! That would have been SO COOL! :)