I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter....

Well, it's hard to believe that another Easter has come and gone. The days and weeks seem to fly by so quickly. We get so busy that it's sometimes easy to forget the true meaning of Easter... Yet we have so much to be grateful for, especially right now. I remember 15 years ago when I had to have emergancy surgery after almost bleeding to death from my c-section. I spent Easter alone in the hospital. It was the most lonely and sad day, but I knew that I was never really alone and I was so grateful to listen to General Conference that weekend and hear about the miracles of the Atonement and the gift that the Savior gave to us! We have been given miracles, which seems so appropriate since this is the season of miracles! I am so grateful for the peace I feel in my life. We have been so very blessed in our lives.

Kalli, Kami and Hyrum wanted to go to the Easter egg hunt we've gone through for as long as we have lived here, at the local grocery store. They started doing one across the street at the marina but Hyrum has issues with the ducks/geese and the messes that they make and didn't want to go there. So Kailee offered to take them while Willie, Wyatt and Hayden went over to the marina. Because there are now two different Easter egg hunts the one at the store was not as packed as it normally is and they brought home a ridiculously crazy amount of candy!

We didn't do much as far as celebrating a crazy weekend. Had Katie's family over for dinner, but that's about it. And having Katie's family here is like having famil so it's not a big deal! :)

4 comments:

talitha said...

Holy Mackrel! What a haul! That is like Halloween proportions!!

Good luck today with Jace's follow up appts!

talitha said...

Oh, and I am really working on Ed to let me sneak a flight to SL and hang out with you over a weekend...

Shaun and Sarah said...

Hello! I read your post on another site that you posted on (pregnancy.org) and saw that you have had a lot of c-sections. I just found out i'm pregnant with my 4th and it will a c-section again as with all the others. Saw that you liked the job the doctor in Salt Lake did, and I live in the Salt Lake area so I wondered who your doctor was... i had a bad experience with my last one. Thanks! My email address is shaunandsarah.loop@gmail.com. --Sarah

Anonymous said...

Mmm! Now I need me some chocolate!! I'm glad you had a much better Easter this year, Kim!