I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My 'what I accomplished before 9am' list...

A good friend of mine told me that she makes a list of what she did get done each day so that she doesn't feel bad about what she didn't get done. I have mentioned before that I would have made a really good obsessive/compulsive recluse but instead, I chose to have 15 children! After being gone so much this past month, I am struggling with the need to just be home and get my house completely in order since I never got to do that after the carpet was put in.

This morning I woke up and noticed that there was a dish towel on Thayne's side of the bed. What in the world is that for? Well... Kami had a rough night coughing and it would seem that she didn't get up in time to get to thebathroom and she wet Thayne's side of the bed. I am sure Thayne will be grateful that he was already at work when it happened! I asked her if she had an accident but she got all kinds of put out with me and told me that it WAS an accident and then somehow it became MY fault! Not sure how that works, but okay!

So I took the sheets down to wash and walked into a mess. The little kids had cleaned their rooms except everything was thrown into the doorway of the laundry room. And the big kids had done their own laundry but had piled the clean clothes on the table that was already overflowing with socks and clean blankets. I really wanted to just throw my hands up and be mad, but instead I dug in. Got the whole room cleaned and organized and managed to get 4 loads of laundry washed so far. Got 6 bags full of dirty clothes sorted and waiting to be washed and still need to fold them... but that darn laundry room is clean again!

I also got my bed made and my bedroom cleaned and the dishes washed, the stove scrubbed down since whoever was supposed to do it last night didn't do a great job (cough cough, Wilie... cough!), swept the floor and cleaned the counters. All before 9am!

I also made several phone calls about Enrichment tonight and now I have a million and one things left to do to get ready for that tonight... but for now I am going to shower and get ready to go pick up Hyrum from school and put the new releases out at the video store!!!

2 comments:

Sandra and Rob said...

Kim I feel overwhelmed just reading your blog. You do way too much. I am an empty nester and feel I am busy but not even half as much as you. KEEP IT UP you do great!

talitha said...

Okay, I began laughing at the "obsessive compulsive recluse" and didn't stop the whole time.

Thanks. I needed that!