A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Spa Day
So... lately I have had a knot in my neck that seems to get bigger and more sore by the day! I think it is called STRESS! I'm pretty sure that's what we are calling it these days! Life is stressful... it's not just the out of the norm that seems to hit my life constantly, but then just every day living that keeps us on the edge of our seat anyway! Stress is part of life, we just have to deal with it. But it is apparent that I am not dealing well with it lately. I have been stressed because Thayne has been stressed at work and I like to carry his stress I guess! lol We have one vehicle problem after another... not stress there... I mean we only have to drive every single place we go every single day so having constant car trouble is not fun. Our yard looks like a used car lot, but most of them don't run... the Excursion needs $1000 worth of work, the Tahoe needs $1000 worth of work, and the big van needs oh so much work. The kids cars just don't go, which may be why my cars need work, because they now drive mine! :) Even getting a nasty internet comment because I went on vacation while my ADULT son was recovering as if I left my kids to fend for themselves stressed me out... let's not go where the stress of making sure that little boys were with one friend, several girls were with another friend, AND the fact that I had my brother and sil come out and hang out with my big kids AND I had an actual nurse coming in daily to take care of Jace and some nameless, faceless mean person left a nasty comment made the knot in my neck even more sore... or that another nameless, faceless mean person made an ignorant comment suggesting that my boys were playing carelessly with a gun and pulled a trigger (as if that would EVER happen!!!) actually almost offended me..... almost, because I don't usually find offense, but when I was emotionally bankrupt I almost felt hurt! Who knows... maybe that nameless faceless mean person was the same person! Oh well.... it's all good... I will get through. That's just how it is. Life throws you curves, you can keep smiling and keep moving and get through it. But today Jace just gave me a way to get through it in a very nice way!!! He gave me a gift, thanking me for all that I did for him! It is a Spa Day!!! I am sooooooooo excited! A 60 minute massage, 60 minute facial, pedicure, manicure, shampoo and style and a light lunch sounds like a little piece of heaven! I cannot wait! I am going to go, I am going to not just turn my phone off... I'm not even going to take my phone... I am going to turn off the world and go and enjoy!!! HEAVEN!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good for you, Kim! You deserve it! And shame on people for judging and making comments when it is not their concern.
Yay!! I hope you have fun!! It is no fun dealing with so much...I don't know how you do it.
wow! What a wonderful gift! You deserve it and I hope you love every single second of your lovely escape. :)
Yeah way to be a great mom by taking your time. You are so lucky to be loved and showed out the door by your husband.
If any one deserves that it is you. I just wish I could join you. I could use a Spa Day.
I hope you enjoy your spa day, that sounds lovely, wish I could go too! lol.
Shame on people is right,
I so enjoy your blog.
You have such a great perspective on life. Stressful times will always be there, it is how we handle them that matters!!
Enjoy that spa day! No one deserves it more than you!
Post a Comment